Awana Grand Prix and Pie Parade!
Keep these special dates in mind:
February 11 -- Race kits go on sale for $3.50
March 3 -- Work Night
We will be modifying our regular Awana schedule so that cars can be cut, sanded, and/or painted.
We appreciate the parents who come to help!
March 18 (Thursday) -- Car Check-In from 6:00 to 8:00
* The track will be set up in the basement so that parents--or clubbers with parents--can check their speed for possible adjustments.
* PLEASE DO NOT RACE AGAINST OTHER CARS BEFORE THE GRAND PRIX!!!
*When checked in, the cars will be check to see that they meet the following specifications:
- Overall length shall not exceed 7"
- Overall width shall not exceed 2-3/4"
- Overall height shall not exceed 3"
- Overall weight shall not exceed 5 oz.
March 21 (Sunday) -- 5:00 Grand Prix Race followed by Sloppy Joe Supper and Pie Parade!
Trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places will be awarded for speed and design. After the race, we have a free supper and a pie parade, that features a large variety of pies! Our clubbers and their families & friends enjoy this as much as they do the race!
If you have any questions, please call or text Jan at (712) 579-4969.
We are looking forward to seeing you there!